Saturday, June 21, 2008

So what have I been up to in the last year or so?

In May of 2007, I graduated from IUPUI with a Master's Degree in Library Science. Yes, I am a real live librarian! I still work at Butler University, but I am actively searching for a new job. Gas prices are killing me! I would like to stay in Indiana, but time will tell if that is going to work out or not.

I have spent a lot of time with friends and family. I learned to bowl Wii style, my highest score is 200 and I am 80 points from pro status, meaning I get pretty stars on my bowling ball. I have seen three friends get married and was a bridesmaid in one of the weddings.

I went on two vacations this year, both spontaneous to some extent. In February, I went with Louie, my housemate, to French Lick, Indiana and stayed in a villa with some friends from church. It was a nice relaxing time that ended all too soon. I March, I went with my sister and her kids to Savannah/Tybee Island, Georgia to spend a few days with her husband before he shipped out to serve with the 76th Brigade. We had a blast hanging at the beach and going on a dolphin cruise.



More recently, I got really sick. Sicker than I can ever remember being. I lost my voice, had no strength, and lost 17 pounds. I was out of it for almost three weeks. I am finally feeling normal again. Today I am home, celebrating a rare Saturday off of work. I am watching the food network and getting hungry. Time for lunch!

No comments: