Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday Night Randomness

I put in a lot of hours on the road every week. Which means lots of time to observe other drivers. One thing (among many) that bugs me is tailgaters on the highway. Today a car just couldn't wait to get past me in the fast lane, so I got over to the right. Instead of passing me, he moves up and paces himself right next to me. Drives me insane! I ended up tapping my breaks to let him get past me and of course he gets in my lane and proceeds to slow down. //end rant

Ah well, at least it was a nice sunny day and I followed my rule of not engaging the stupid. Think of the Internet rule "don't feed the trolls." Same principle.

I'm trying to write more these days. Not just in my sorely neglected blog, but in other venues. One of my dreams is to someday write a novel. There won't ever be a novel if I don't start writing something.

I'm going to be 40 in three weeks. How the heck did that happen?

If only gas were cheaper. I would put into practice the line of a county tune I heard today. It's the perfect time of year to "put a little gravel in my travel" and take a drive through some backcountry. Sounds so good to me right now.

I ate cereal for dinner. This is what happens when you don't get home from work until 9pm.

There's a new season of tv starting next week. NCIS, Castle and Chuck are just a few I'm looking forward to.

Did I mention I'm almost 40? One good thing about a birthday in the fall? Red Lobster's endless shrimp. So who's taking me?

Yup. Randomness.

Goodnight everybody.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: