Saturday, August 02, 2008

Rare Saurday Off

Today is a very rare occasion that I look forward too. It is Saturday and I am not at work. Of course this means, I have to be at work on Monday, but I can deal with that. I work most Saturday's during the academic year and as a result miss out on many outings etc... with family and friends. It is weird to be home right now. My sister called me and was surprised I was not at work.



I have a couple more things I want to get done and then it will be time for Robin Hood! The last show of this season. No more until next year. That makes me sad. I am sure I will find a new obsession though, I usually do.



Totally unrelated to any of the above. I got a new ring tone for my cell phone the other day. It is the Sugarland song, Settlin'. The chorus is:



I ain't settling for just getting by

I've had enough so so for the rest of my life

Tired of shooting too low, so raise the bar high

Just enough ain't enough this time

I ain't settling for anything less than everything, yeah



I have decided that this is my new theme song. I need a new job, that pays me enough to pay some bills and enjoy life too. I need a job that is challenging and allows me to think, not just respond. I am tired of just letting life pass me by and it is time to do something about it.



I ain't settling!





BTW: while typing this post, I was fighting a lazy cat you wanted more than anything to be laying across the keyboard. If there are any typos, blame it on Max.

1 comment:

Emily J. "Hammy" Lawrence said...

My cat, Beru likes to sit in front of the keys, LOL. I can relate to the chorus of that song, too. Swimming in a 1 foot pool doesn't compare to swimming in the ocean. There's more out there, and I want to see it, :)