Saturday, August 23, 2008

Yay for Free Concerts!

Last night, Amy Louie and I went to see the Music Builds tour for free! Free is always good right? We got comp tickets from a friend of mine from work (Thanks Sara!) and didn't even have to pay for parking or anything. We enjoyed ourselves and even got upgraded. When we got there, we had to go to guest services and present my ID because we were on "the list." Then we got our hand stamped, not a ticket. Louie overheard a ticket taker tell someone coming in that people with lawn seats could sit in the back of the pavilion. That's what our seats were so when we got close to the seating, Amy asked an usher what was up and it was true! So we got to sit in the back of the pavilion but still it was a chair and it was shady (till the sun started to set)

We got there just as Jars of Clay was getting started. They were followed by Robet Randolph and the Family Band and then Switchfoot. The main event was Third Day. All the bands were good and reminded me of why I enjoy live music so much. My favorite part of the show had to be when Third Day had everyone join hands and Mac led us in prayer! My second favorite part was the ending. Third Day did their encore, then they were joined by Robert Randolph and Jars of Clay for some more and finally, all the bands took part in a rockin' cover of U2's "When Love Comes to Town." You rarely get collaborations like that except for live shows. It was great!

And then we got a golf cart ride to the parking lot.

That is all.

1 comment:

Us said...

You went to this concert??? Oh, I would have loved every second of it! Third Day is my all time FAVORITE! I heart them so much! I will bet that with everyone holding hands that the prayer was powerful!!! Glad you had fun!