Monday, January 17, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR! or is it too late for that?

My laptop currently has a love hate relationship with the Internet right now. I find myself writing posts in my head and then not able to get them online so I'm trying to make use of my phone to email a post.

I enjoyed the holidays and was blessed to be able to see friends and family, even got to go to my first Colts game.

It's that time of year again. You know, the part where you are sick of the snow and cold weather? That's me right now. I wouldn't mind it at all if I was hanging out in some remote mountain cabin with a fireplace, a hot tub and a fully stocked pantry with nowhere to go. Or a chauffeur. It's the driving in the snow and ice that I really don't like. I would never make it if I lived any further north.

Today marks one year ago that my eye froze on me. Happily, it is all better now but I'm still dealing with the weight gain caused by the meds I was prescribed. I have been trying to get motivated to get some exercise, but I think I have been secretly afraid that if I overdid it, my eye would mess up again. Yes I know that makes no sense, but I remember walking on the treadmill around the same time and feeling really bad afterwards. I don't know if it was before or after the eye thing happened, but in my mind, they are associated. I need to move past that and get active or I'm going to have more health issues to deal with.

I'm not a big resolution maker but think this year I want to challenge myself. I want this to be a year of moving forward, taking risks and making changes. So we'll see how that goes.

Speaking of changes, I'm new to this o e space after a period thing instead of two. It's hard to stop doing it when that's how you've always done it. Anyone else having trouble with this?

That's all I got for the moment...

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: